1. A child weights 95 lb and has an order for IV tobramycin. The…
1. A child weights 95 lb and has an order for IV tobramycin. The order is for 3mg/kg/day in three divided doses. How many milligrams of medication should be administered per dose? Round to the nearest tenth? Enter the numeric number only.
2. Kaley has an order to receive Ampicillin 125 mg IM STAT. the pharmacy sends up a powder form of medication that must be reconstituted. The directions for reconstitution are “Add 1.8 ml of NS to yield 250 mg/ml. How many ml do you need to administer to give the correct dose? round to the nearest tenth.
3. A child weights 20 kg and has an order for Garamycin 40 mg IV piggy/back every 8 hours. The medication is supplied in 20-mg vitals with a strength of 5mg/ml. How many milliliters would the nurse withdraw from the vital?
4. A child weights 8lb has an order for morphine sulfate 7.5 mg subcutaneously every 8hr prn. The recommended maximum dose for a child is 0.1-0.2mg/kg/dose. What is the safe dose rage for this child. round to the nearest whole number? minimum to maximum?
5. A child weights 33 lb and has an order for D5 1/2 NS to be infused at 8/mg/kg/hr. How many ml per hour should the nurse infuse the IV solution ?
6. You are caring for a child who weights 30 pounds. the doctor order for Garamycin 25mg IV every 6 hrs. The recommended doe is 6-7.5mg/kg/day in 4 equally divided doses. Is the ordered dose ?
a) within the therapeutic range
b) above the therapeutic range
c) below the therapeutic range
7.JaQjuan is being discharged to go home with his mother.You are educating them regarding the antibiotic regimen . The provider has ordered Cefaclor 2 tsp daily. The drugstore supplies Ceflacor in the package . Cefaclor 250 mg per 5mL. How many mg will JaQuan receive with each dose?
8.A child weights 33 lb and has an order of DS 1/2 NS to be infused at 8 ml/kg/hr. How many ml per hour should nurse infuse the IV solution ?
9.Hudson has been assessed by the clinical nutritionist after a g-tube placement for nutritional management. He needs to receive 2000 calories per day. If each 8 oz can formula contains 350 calories. How many cans of formula will you need to order to total Hudson’s daily requirement ? round to the nearest whole number?
10.You are caring for a patient that has an order for Garamycin 40 mg IM every 6 hrs for management of an infection. The reccomended dose is 6mg/kg/day to 7mg/kg/day in 4 equally divided doses. If your patient weights 47 lbs. Is the Garamycin dose ordered within the recommended dose range?
11.Alex needs to receive 1200 ml of D5.45 at 200ml/hr. if the infusion is started at 1530, what time will it be completed ? provide answer in military time.
12. The provider ordered Cindamycin 175 mg PO QHS. Available 75mg how many ml should be administered. Round to the nearest tenth.
13. Following the delivery of the baby you are to add 10 units of Pitocin to the patients IV. Pitocin available is 10 units/ml. How many ml would you add to the IV bag?
14. A child weights 44lb and has an order for IV mathyiprednisolone sodium succinate.The order is for 0.03mg/kg/day. How many ml of medication should be administered? round to the nearest tenth.
15. The physician order Lasix 2.5 mg/kg IV, q8hrs for child who weighs 28 pounds. How many ml of Lasix should the nurse administered in a 24 hr period? Round to the nearest whole number?
16. Maddison is admitted to your unit for hypotension. Her MAR reads: Administer 400ml of NS with 20 mEq potassium over 3 hrs. Your unit supplies 10 gtt/ml tubing. What is the drip rate in gtt/hr. Round to the nearest whole number.
17.The patient in bed 2 , Conner needs to receive 500 ml of DS.45 over the next 8 hours for treatment of his dehydration secondary to influenza. You need to run this via gravity using 20 gtt/min tubing. Calculate the rate in gtt/min. Round to the nearest whole number.
18. A newborn is to receive vitamin K 0.5 mg IM x1. The medication comes in ampule with 1mg/0.5ml. How many mL should you administer round to the nearest hundredth?