Learning outcomes 3. Evaluate and compare different informatic…
3. Evaluate and compare different informatic tools currently used in order to improve health outcomes.
4. Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the opportunities and challenges digital technology createsfor health professionals, and patients and consumers across the lifespan in diverse population groups.
Assessment requirements Relevance: An understanding of different digital technology is essential in modern nursing. This assessment provides an opportunity to compare and critically discuss technology, ensuring the nurse and healthcare consumer can make informed choices.
Task instructions: Create a PowerPoint presentation that evaluates THREE digital technologies used in healthcare to improve health outcomes. Suggested procedure:
1. Identify THREE separate digital technologies. Discuss what type of technology it is, how it is used and why.
2. Evaluate the benefits and challenges for each technology. The use of the technology may be related to different types of patient, such as a child, adolescent or older person. Consider how this may impact the effectiveness of the technology.
3. PowerPoint presentation based on your ideas (a suggested structure is provided below). Think about how to effectively use visuals and fonts to communicate your ideas (guides for creating presentations are provided below).
4. Support your points with references (minimum of 5) and ensure that visual content (e.g. pictures) is cited in your Reference List:
• Title slide • Overview of the presentation • The body of the presentation slides • Conclusion slide • Reference list slide Referencing: use CDU APA 7th 2022 edition referencing. Use peer-reviewed articles from the last 10 years and/or evidence-based practice guidelines.