QUESTION: 1. How would you differentiate pathologic from…
1. How would you differentiate pathologic from non-pathologic urinalysis findings based
on microscopic examination?
2. In what condition, would you anticipate the presence of bacteria in urine? What would
be the confirmatory procedure?
3. How would you report the number of red blood cells and white blood cells per field? Casts and crystals?
4. What microscopic structures can be confused with be and wbc?
5. What are Glitter and Clue cells? Is it visible under the light microscopy?
6. What is the clinical significance of casts and crystals? State the formation of casts. What
are the classifications of crystals?