Assessment of Certification, Patient Outcomes, and Leadership State…
Assessment of Certification, Patient Outcomes, and Leadership
- State the clinical certification and target population that were approved by your instructor in the Week 2: Direct Care Part 1 Assessment and Diagnosis Check-In.
- Clinical certification
Certified Emergency Nursing (CEN)
- Target population including setting
My targeted population is emergency room registered nurses
- Discuss why this clinical certification was selected in relationship to the selected setting.
- Describe the criteria for selected clinical certification
- Process to obtain clinical certification
- Cost of application and testing
- Requirements prior to certification
- Examination description
- Renewal time and process
- Required items for renewal
- Provide APA reference for one peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal article connecting patient outcomes, clinical certification, and leadership skills. See reference criteria under directions and include Permalink.
Coelho, P. (2020). Relationship Between Nurse Certification and Clinical Patient Outcomes: A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 35(1), E1-E5. https://doi.org/10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000397
- Summary of article (one to two paragraphs)
- How could patient outcomes in the selected setting be improved by certified nurses?
- How can clinical certification impact leadership skills in the selected setting?
Problem Diagnosis Statement
Write a diagnosis based on the problem of knowledge deficit of certifications. Fill in the blanks below.
Example: Knowledge deficit r/t CNOR certification among operating room nurses (target population and setting) as manifested by wrong site surgeries (patient outcomes)
Knowledge deficit r/t __________________certification among __________(target population and setting) as manifested by ___________________(patient outcomes).