There are many users, sources, and purposes for health care statistics. One of the significant sources of health care statistics is the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP, pronounced “H-Cup”). As the HCA, you mention this to your new CEO, but he says he is not familiar with it and asks you to put together a short description of it on how you and your colleagues make use of the data and information provided.
You will prepare a 400w description of HCUP for the CEO. Include the following in your description:
- 1–2-sentence introduction to HCUP, including the agency that administers the project and its purpose
- What types of data and reports are provided and who uses this resource.
- An example of a report available to anyone on the site
- Go to the Reports tab on the Home page. Click on the tab, and then select “HCUP Statistical Briefs – Chronological List.”
- From the list, choose a recent brief (the most recent are listed first in the list).
- Open and review the brief, and describe what it contains and the types of health care statistics and graphical presentations included in it (e.g., line graphs or pie charts).
- Finish by including your thoughts about this Web resource and what you find valuable about it.